Formelle di San Martino

Terracotta tiles that tell the story of a model-factory

The aeronautical plant of San Martino di Pomigliano d’Arco saw the light already in 1938, when Ugo Gobbato’s Alfa Romeo - which had been under military control for three years by then - started to be increasingly involved in aerospace production. Not a mere factory, it was an actual industrial ecosystem which housed schools, after-work activities, and residences for workers and employees. On the very doors of these buildings, more than fifty terracotta tiles were displayed showing all the phases of the production process. Some of them are still preserved in the Museum.

condividi su

LA MACCHINA DEL TEMPO
MUSEO STORICO ALFA ROMEO

LEGAL NOTICE WEB CREDITS PRIVACY POLICY COOKIE POLICY
@Copyright 2015